We’ve all used or at least heard about the infamous St Ives Apricot Scrub, but have you ever tried using just Pure Apricot Oil? This lightweight rejuvenating, natural oil is derived from the kernel of an apricot, has a yellowish color, with a nutty scent. Because its hypoallergenic, those allergic to nut-based oils can generally use it without experiencing any side effects. It’s gentle enough to use on sensitive skin, but tough enough to moisturize aged skin as well. Since it happens to be one of my favorite oils, I’ll share with you some health benefits of using it and why it should be a part of your healthy beauty regimen…
NOW Foods Apricot Kernel Oil (Liquid), 16 oz
- Rich in Oleic and Linoleic acids (fatty acids) that consists of skin softening properties to combat dry, flaky skin.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties to soothe skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- High in antioxidants to protect skin cells from the negative effects of pollution and UV rays, that leads to premature aging and skin deterioration.
- Contains Vitamin C to repair damaged skin while promoting skin elasticity.
- Excellent moisturizer for any skin type.
- Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue.
- Can be heated and used as a hot oil treatment, while vitamins A, C & E stimulate hair growth.
- Great sealant to lock in moisture after using the L.O.C. Method method.
- Softens hair strands and adds shine without weighing it down.
- Can be added to your favorite conditioner for additional hydration, slip and moisture.
Apricot oil can be a great replacement for hair grease and commercial body oils. Since our skin absorbs what we put on it, we must take necessary precautions to make sure the ingredients we’re using aren’t harmful to our bodies. So don’t be fooled by fancy product labels that claim to use natural oils but contain toxic ingredients like parabens, hydroquinone or formaldehyde. Purchase from a reputable company that truly provides 100% pure apricot oil. I love the oil so much that I made sure to use it in my natural body jewels, Diamonds by Dominique (Click here for more info). The nourishing properties from the oil are truly remarkable!
Have you ever used Apricot Oil? Or do you plan on giving it a try? Share your experience below, I love to hear to hear them!!!