So I finally had a chance to try out the Soothing Rose Tea Bath I received from Kimberly Elise at her Natural Hair Affair, and it was AMAZING!! I’m used to a little bath-time therapy, which includes soaking in mineral water with essential oils, but the addition of rose petals, calendula flowers and powdered coconut milk took relaxation time to another level! The mixtures of sensual aromas and conditioning waters brought spa day to the comfort of my own home. I’ll share with you the ingredients it contained and a background about the benefits…
- Rosa Centifolia Flower- Commonly known as the Cabbage Rose (Rosa centifolia or a hundred petaled rose) The highly scented flowers of this plant are harvested for its clear and sweet fragrance and are widely used in perfumes. The extract of the buds are known to posses skin toning and tightening properties.
- Coconut Milk (Powder)- Contains natural fatty acids that softens and restores moisture to dehydrated skin. Great at treating the symptoms of psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema and also prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
- Magnesium Sulfate- Relieves aches, pains and lactic build up in overused, muscles. Great additive for a sore-muscle soak bath.
- Roseum Asperum (Geranium)- Extracted through steam distillation of stems and leaves of the Geranium plant. This essential oil helps relieves stress, fatigue and anxiety.
- Oat Flour- Used as early as 2000BC by Egyptians and Arabs to beautify their skin. Effective for dull, flaky, dry skin. Soothes irritations and sensitivities for all skin types.
After exfoliating with Diamonds by Dominique, I was ready for my tea bath! Since the D.I.Y. was pre made, all I had to do was add the contents to the muslin bag, run warm water in the tub and drop the bag in. The combination of pure ingredients and soaking it in water created a healthy, blissful bathing experience while giving me a mini detox. Instantly, I felt relaxed! My skin felt smooth and hydrated. I never tried a tea bath like this before, but now I’m never going back. I’m in love!
I believe every woman should experience this luxury! What’s great about it, you don’t even have to pay hundreds of dollars at a spa to get it. You can make it yourself! KimberlyElise.com has plenty of D.I.Y. recipes that includes all natural and organic ingredients. That way, you never have to use harmful ingredients or soak in a tub with toxic chemicals that will eventually get in your bloodstream via skin. Just remember when using natural ingredients like the ones mentioned above, don’t use hot water (unless indicated on the recipe). I love me a hot bath, but the hotter the water the quicker the essential oils losses their healing qualities. Plus, hot water dehydrates the skin.
My favorite ingredient from this D.IY. is definitely the roses! I can’t wait to get my hands on more natural goodies so I can make my very own! Have you ever had a natural tea bath? Comment below and share your recipes & ingredients! I’d love to read them! Til next time….
Health Benefits of Geranium Essential Oil
Amazing Health Benefits of Oats
Home Skin Remedies that use Coconut Milk
Tourles, Stephanie. Organic Body Care Recipes North Adams:Storey Publishing, 2007.